August 29, 2012

London 2012!

The Olympics started today!!!! I'm so excited!


What? You think I've got something wrong?


No.


The Olympics started today. Really. They did.


You think I've been sleeping under a rock for the whole month of August?


Believe it or not, a group of American athletes are in London, competing for gold medals. Right. Now.


They represent the variety of God's creation. They have gifts. Not better, not worse, and not different. They are God's.




So, I don't know about you, but I feel more inspired by this commercial than I was watching any of the olympic events a few weeks ago...



3 comments:

  1. I love that video. How do you think that final slogan would fly for the church? "The Church doesn't care who you are. Everyone can take part." Or even, "God doesn't care who you are." Not a perfect analogy, but I think there's some truth there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're on to something Alex! There's lots of truth there!

      Delete
    2. Ron?! You read it?!! :)

      And thank you both. Alex, I'm with you.

      Have either of you seen these ads, or any ads for the matter, concerning the Paralympics?

      Delete

What do you think?